This is a factory built and supplied full race spec bike! Matching numbers and completely restored to original condition including engine and cycle parts. Described as 'perfect' throughout.
The Triumph Tiger 100 (T100) was first made by Triumph at their Coventry factory for 1939. With the runaway sales success of the Triumph Speed Twin, Edward Turner's mind turned to further developing the potential of his new parallel twin motor. The lighter and more powerful Tiger 100 was developed as a sports enthusiasts machine, whereas with previous models the '100' referred to its claimed maximum speed. Technical changes over the Speed Twin included forged alloy pistons, a very early use of the technology. Secondly, the cylinders were forged in a single casting and held in place by eight studs, instead of the Speed Twin's six. Thirdly, the Tiger 100 used a single Amal carburetor, possible thanks to the 360-degree firing interval of the two cylinders. Finished in silver and costing £5 more, new features included a larger fuel tank and detachable silencers. In March 1939, Triumph came up with an unorthodox 'launch' of the new Tiger 100. Using a Tiger 100 and a Speed Twin straight from dealers showrooms, endurance was tested with a run of over 1,800 miles (2,900 km) from John o'Groats to Land's End in Cornwall then to the Brooklands circuit for six hours of continuous high-speed laps, where riders Ivan Wicksteed and David Whitworth averaged 78.5 miles per hour (126.3 km/h) with a final lap of 88.5 miles per hour (142.4 km/h), winning Triumph the Maudes Trophy. The Tiger100's sporting pretensions were later further proven through Freddie Clarke's 1939 lap record at Brooklands of 118.02 miles per hour (189.93 km/h) on a bored-out 503 cc Tiger 100. The Triumph works was destroyed by German bombers on the night of 14 November 1940 - along with much of the city of Coventry bringing production of the Tiger 100 to an end until after the war. When Triumph recovered and began production again at Meriden the Tiger 100 re-appeared with the new telescopic fork. In 1951 it gained a new close finned alloy cylinder barrel and factory race kits for independent racers.
In 1953 a fully race-kitted model, the Tiger 100C, was available although only 560 were made in. This is one such example, in first class order and with a wealth of paperwork acompanying it, including it's actual factory build card, confirming that the frame and engine numbers are absulotuly original and correct. This is a cracking British twin of the early 1950's, with sufficient rarity appeal to make it a serious contender for any collection of British metal.
This 1953 Tiger 100C is completely restored to original condition described as in perfect order throughout. It is a very rare bike with matching numbers and presents a unique opportunity for the serious bike collector and must surely have serious investment potential for the future.