A NEW APPROACH IN AN AGE OLD BUSINESS+44 (0) 1926 691 141
Buyers Premium 7% + local taxes,VAT and customs arrangements if applicable
• A nod to Stirling Moss’ 1955 Mille Miglia-winning 300 SLR, which famously wore number 722
• Featuring numerous upgrades, the 722 Edition was released by McLaren in 2008
• Carbon-ceramic discs, lighter 19" wheels, larger front splitter and a revised rear diffuser
• Fitted with a 650bhp version of the supercharged 5.4-litre V8. 0-60mph in 3.6 seconds
• One of 150, this left-hand drive 722S has covered just 2,000 km from new
• One of very few finished in white with a semi-aniline black leather interior
Manufactured between 2003 and 2010, their new supercar allowed Mercedes-Benz and its then Formula 1 partner, McLaren, to showcase their collective experience in the development, construction and production of high-performance sports cars and, just like its legendary 300 SLR predecessor of 1955, it incorporated technological developments that were ahead of their time. As it was supremely engineered and built to incredible standards at McLaren's facilities in Woking, it boasted a very high level of fit and finish, absolutely appropriate for any car wearing a Mercedes-Benz badge.
In a nod to Stirling Moss’ 300 SLR, which wore #722 and won the 1955 Mille Miglia in record time, McLaren released the 722 Edition, which was introduced in 2008 as an upgraded version of the already excellent model. Its horsepower was raised to 650, and as a result, the car’s 0–60-mph time was improved to 3.6 seconds. Larger carbon-ceramic disc brakes were fitted with lighter 19-inch wheels and the nose received an all-new diffuser and air splitter to improve downforce, as well as a modified front spoiler. One year later, the SLR 722S was released, further amplifying the intensity of the most powerful SLR produced by lowering the chassis by 10 mm and adding special 19 inch wheels. Both Coupe and Roadster versions of the SLR 722 and 722S were produced, providing owners with an open-top option.
This left-hand drive, 722 S Roadster was delivered new to the UAE and has only covered 2,000 km from new. It's one of only 150 722S Roadsters ever produced and one of only a handful finished in white with a semi-aniline black leather interior. This really is a fantastic opportunity to acquire a very special car that delivers both in terms of value and collectability.