A NEW APPROACH IN AN AGE OLD BUSINESS+44 (0) 1926 691 141
Launched in September 1961, the Mini Cooper offered a size/price/performance package that was nothing short of miraculous. It soon established its credentials as a rally and race winner, and the stage was set for even faster versions. The first of these - the 1,071cc Mini Cooper 'S' (late 1963 until August 1964) - took engine development a stage further and provided the basis for the 970 'S' and 1275 'S' of 1964.
Manufactured in 1966, this rare original 1275 Cooper 'S' is the most desirable of all variants and has covered only 12,350km, a remarkably low mileage that is clearly reflected by the condition of the car. Having been restored some years ago, this little 'Coop' still presents superbly and is now beautifully bedded in.
One of the very few left-hand drive cars produced in 1966, it's believed to have spent most of its life in Portugal and is fitted with all the period-correct 1275S features including the optional Twin Tanks, correct 200kph speedometer (120mph), 7.5in servo-assisted front disc brakes, twin SU HS2 carburettors and 9-slot vented 10 x 4.5" Cooper S wheels.
Finished in the attractive colour combination of Almond Green with an Old English White roof over a Dove Grey/ Porcelain Green interior, the Mini has been well kept in dry storage, runs and drives well and comes complete with its original handbook, Portuguese documents and a NOVA. The vehicle can be registered with a UK logbook if desired and a Heritage Certificate has been applied for. A lovely little car, nicely restored, in wonderful usable condition and ready to be enjoyed by its new owner.