A NEW APPROACH IN AN AGE OLD BUSINESS+44 (0) 1926 691 141
Sold for: £20,250
The Mercedes-Benz W116 was the first model range to be officially called the S-Class with the letter S signifying Special. It was also the first Mercedes saloon to feature a new updated corporate styling theme which would run up until the mid 90s. This 1973 350SE is powered by the M116 3. 5L V8 which was first seen in the 300SEL 3. 5 in 1969 and has been enjoyed by just three former keepers covering 32,382 miles. Originally supplied in Byzantine Gold Metallic to Mr R.T. Walding of Churchdown in Gloucester by Central Motors Gloucester and from the history file it appears to have been looked after by them and County Garage (Cheltenham) in its early days. Judging by the service records and MOT Certificates in the file, this wonderful luxury saloon covered nearly all of its mileage the first 17 years of its life as by 1990 the odometer was indicating 30,123. Since that time and over the following 24 years it covered just 2,234 miles according to the 2014 MOT Certificate which shows 32,357 miles. It has been part of a significant private collection since 2012. Supplied with the car is the original bookpack including the service book, and the original build card from Mercedes. Prior to the sale, this vehicle will have an oil and filter service with fresh fluids and be MOT'd, road tested and inspected.
A beautifully preserved piece of seventies Mercedes history in a time warp condition.